The days of BYOD and MDM and employees working from home are here. Here’s what you need to know to keep everything and everyone working at their best.
The Home-Based Mobile Workforce and Your Business
More and more of your employees are likely working off site. The Bureau of Labor Statistics found that fully 24% of employees were home-based at least part of the time in 2015. This statistic and the growing trend of offices becoming more smart and flexible, is especially prevalent in sectors that emphasize customer service, sales, education and training.
It follows that companies with a mobile workforce are likely dealing with the consequences of also having a Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) policy. How businesses interact with BYOD devices when their workforce increasingly is off site is the work of Mobile Device Management (MDM) software.
Key Mobile Workforce Challenges for Employers
- Monitoring the number and variety of devices used by your mobile workforce.
- Securing your network while allowing employees to use their own devices and thus increasing their job satisfaction.
- Developing policies and steps to take in the event of company data being stolen.
- Interfacing seamlessly between your employees’ home-based mobile devices and your company’s data storage network.
What to Look For in an MDM System
In the event of stolen or lost devices, you want to be able to wipe out data, plus locate and lock a lost or stolen device. Here are other key features to look for.
- Monitors remote log-ins to company software to ensure that BYOD device users adhere to security measures.
- Enables your business to retain an organizational command over communications and data usage.
- Enforces policies so that remote or home-based employees are held accountable.
- Assists you in communicating with employees remotely, exchanging resources and tracking productivity.
While managing a remote workforce efficiently presents special challenges, the right MDM software can ease the stress of transitioning your business to accommodate this increasingly popular policy.
Categories: Mobilize Your Team
View Other Articles: